Monday, March 11, 2019

2019

Woah. I didn't realize this was all still here. It's been ten years since I started this blog, and I guess, that's an accomplishment that I didn't would happen back then. Alot has clearly happened since then. And I doubt I can cover it all in one blog, but it probably makes sense to just start with the big recent items, and maybe we do a movie style flashback in a future post. I wasn't going to write, but I've felt my writing has gone downhill since college. Reading a couple of posts, I know my grammatical skills and structure have improved (I think), but the creative flows that come with writing have not. So where do we begin? How did I find myself back here? I'm getting married! Wow, just saying it seems almost surreal, and being on this blog can only make me wonder if that would of calm the nerves of a 20-year-old me back then. It's almost like pressing the restore button on your computer as if this archive version has been sitting inside deeply buried, and I'm reviving those emotions and memory back after every sentence to get a sense of what I would have thought or feel. So what does being engaged have to do with this? I was looking for inspiration to write my vows, and I remember years ago one of my readers has said this was some damn creative writing, I was shocked, I felt that this was all ramblings, but later on, I did understand that depression has a beautiful by-product of creativity. I've only gone throw a couple of random posts, and I can tell.. it was a different time, with a different genius at the wheel Not sure if I'm fully ready to read it all, but I think I might find something about how I define love. Is it cheating? It's my own writing, how can it be?? If I find the words I wrote then apply to the woman I'm marrying now, then it's true, I've lost that part of my talent in being able to convey it. SO why write again? Well, I read that writing helps get the creative brain flowing again, and I feel like that may be helpful especially since many of the jobs I'm considering in the future look for a strong prolific writer. I also think, this may help me figure out my vows. I have a few months, the wedding is on Labor day weekend. And that... was interesting to discover, that the events that was the inception of this blog happened on labor day weekend. Is it on purpose? I don't think so, we were open to all kinds of dates, but given what I was anticipating for work, it was between Labor Day weekend and Thanksgiving weekend. We decided the former was easier to handle than the latter. Who's the girl? Well, I would love to get into it, but I'm tapping out my creative juices right now. Plus, I will be back. There is no way I can not just write about her if I want my vows to be romantic.

No comments: